Store & Donations Coordinator
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: The PROP Shop of Eden Prairie
The PROP Shop of Eden Prairie is a nonprofit organization serving low-income families with clothing, household goods, and furniture. It collects in-kind donations from the community and provides free basic needs to local families and also operates a resale store. The PROP Shop is a growing organization seeking a dynamic new member to fit with its team. The PROP Shop has a small staff and over 100 volunteers a week to help with its operations and is seeking a new member of its team to help it grow.
JOB TITLE: Store & Donations Coordinator
Wage Category: Non-exempt, temporary 90 day-to-hire, full-time
Reports To: Operations Manager
Major Job Responsibilities:
Maintains store and customer relations. Works with volunteers on PROP Shop procedures and tasks. Helps with processing donations and assisting donors.
- Store & donation processing
- Maintain store appearance and help meet customer needs.
- Process donations and assist donors as needed.
- Maintain standards and quality of donations kept.
- Manage inventory and appearance of sales floor and Family Services area.
- Communicate with donors about accepted items and restricted items.
- Volunteer management and training
- Train volunteers on warehouse and store procedures.
- Assist volunteers with tasks and ensures ongoing training and progression of skills.
- Evaluate volunteer performance to determine appropriate tasks.
- Communicate training and performance with Volunteer Coordinator and Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Coordinate in-kind donor thank you notes & acknowledgements.
- Maintain database of donors, volunteers, and contacts.
- Recruit donations of urgent needs through website, email, and other media as needed.
- Other duties
- Assist PROP Shop clients with their needs.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Job Specifications and Qualifications
1. Flexible availability desired including evenings and weekends.
2. Strong organizational skills with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Ability to problem-solve and maintain composure in fast-paced environment.
4. Desired personality traits: compassionate, flexible, resourceful, resilient, energetic, task-oriented and a self-starter. A “go-with-the-flow” personality necessary.
5. Strong customer relations abilities.
6. Occasional furniture and other heavy lifting. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Positive attitude.
8. Ability to be on feet up to 8 hours a day and to lift repetitively.
To apply please submit your resume and any other materials you would like the PROP Shop to consider to:
The PROP Shop Attn: Personnel Committee
15195 Martin Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344